On your mark, get set, MAKE! We've joined forces with Crafted and ReCreative Denver to bring you the first ever Santa Fe Art District Beer Can Derby Race. Construct your race car in the style of the pinewood derby using a beer can instead of a plank of wood. Rummage through the plethora of supplies at ReCreative to craft your wheels and axles then style it out to your heart's desire. Tickets include beer and snacks, see options below.
ALL CARS MUST PASS INSPECTION TO QUALIFY FOR THE RACE
Following are the inspection points:
1. The can weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
2. The overall length of the can shall not exceed 7 inches.
3. The overall width of the can shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
4. The can must have 1 ¾” clearance between the wheels.
5. The can must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
6. The can may be shaped any way that is desired.
7. The can must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
8. YOUR CAN CAR MUST BE BUILT ON SITE.
Each can car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it will be allowed to compete. Once inspection has been passed, you'll be given a race time.
1. Ricky Bobby - $35
Includes building materials, 6 beers, unlimited snack bar access, 1 pack of Big Red gum
2. Steve McQueen - $30
Includes building materials, 4 beers, unlimited snack bar access, 1 cigarette
3. Stuntman Mike - $25
Includes building materials, 3 beers, unlimited snack bar access, Stuntman Mike paper doll kit
4. Cole Trickle - $20
Includes building materials, 2 beers, unlimited snack bar access, Mello Yello sticker
5. Pit Crew - $10
Includes 2 beers, one snack bar trip, allen wrench. PLEASE NOTE, PIT CREW TICKETS DO NOT INCLUDE BUILDING MATERIALS FOR CAR.
This event is 21 and over.